LOCATION: Barrio Tablada Nueva, Asunción
DURATION: 6 months
LOCAL PARTNER.: Sisters of the San Vicente House of St. Catherine Labouré
DRAFT approved by resolution of the ASeS Board of Directors on 09/15/14
The overall goal, in keeping with what were the wishes expressed in the estate declaration of the person who signed the bequest in the will, is to help a community of orphaned and needy children in Paraguay.
The “Centro de niños huerfanos,” which collects abandoned children suffering from AIDS transmitted to them by their mothers, was, therefore, identified as a beneficiary. The Center is run by Sisters of St. Catherine Labouré’s San Vicente House and is located in Tablada Ward (one of the capital’s slums).
The specific objectives of the project are:
- Renovate the orphanage premises, which are currently in very poor condition, broken tiles, impaired gutters, completely absent children’s lockers;
- Construction of a class dedicated to teaching computer science in order to ease the transition of children moving from the second to the third cycle of basic school education;
- Encourage the active participation of the educational community in student learning;
- Ensure mastery of basic computer skills (Word, Windows and Excel).
- Develop basic skills in handling the most basic computer programs.