LOCATION: Department of Misiones, District of San Juan Bautista
DURATION: 12 months
Municipalidad de San Juan Bautista de las Misiones
– Improving the quality of life of women associated with the “Comitè de mujeres horticolas de San Juan Bautista Misiones.”
– Improve quantity and quality of horticultural production;
– Increase the income of women producers and their families through the sale of produce at a weekly municipal market.
– Rural women receive technical training in horticultural production such that they can improve their production in terms of quantity and quality;
– Creation of a Committee of Women Horticulturists of San Juan Bautista Misiones;
– Rural women, hitherto marginalized and often with families and dependent children, will be able to generate enough economic income to enable them and their families to live a dignified life;
– At the local market, consumers will be able to buy fresh, healthy produce at a fair price.
– Purchase of materials and infrastructure;
– Development of a six-month production plan for both self-consumption and sale;
– Training courses on topics such as Organization, Culture and Commercialization;
– Weekly collection of produce by women producers to be sold at the San Juan Bautista Misiones farmers’ market;
– Training of leaders on the topics of administration and accounting.