Support for the Hogar de Niños San Vicente
PROJECT “Support for the Hogar de Niños San Vicente”
DRAFT approved by resolution of the B. of A. of ASeS dated 09/15/14
PLACE: Barrio Tablada Nueva, Asunción, Paraguay
DURATION: 6 months (project end date April ’15)
LOCAL PARTNER: Sisters of St. Catherine Labouré’s San Vicente House.
|Fee charged to ASeS – Solidarity Development Association||€ 3.000,00||23,08%|
|Dedicated testamentary bequest||€ 10.000,00||76,92|
The overall goal, in keeping with what were the wishes expressed in the estate declaration of the person who signed the bequest in the will, is to help a community of orphaned and needy children in Paraguay.
The “Centro de niños huerfanos,” which collects abandoned children with AIDS transmitted to them by their mothers, was, therefore, identified as a beneficiary. The Center is run by Sisters of St. Catherine Labouré’s San Vicente House and is located in Tablada Ward (one of the capital’s slums).
The specific objectives of the project are:
– Renovate the orphanage premises, which are currently in very poor condition, broken tiles, impaired gutters, completely absent children’s lockers;
– Construction of a class dedicated to teaching computer science in order to ease the transition of children moving from the second to the third cycle of basic school education;
– Encourage the active participation of the educational community in student learning;
– Ensure mastery of basic computer skills (Word, Windows and Excel).
– Develop basic skills in handling the most basic computer programs.